Position: Product design and marketing internship
Location: Mathmos showroom at 96 Kingsland Rd Hoxton, UK
Mathmos is a small but well known and long established company. We design our own range of lighting products and market them internationally through retail, etail and wholesale channels.
Mathmos internships are most suited to those wanting to gain experience working in house, in a fast paced environment. An extremely flexible approach is needed and a sense of humour a must. You should be able to contribute from day one, have a high level of energy and a real passion for design and creativity.
Since training is involved please do not apply for the job unless you can commit to the full period.
There is no salary for these roles but travel and lunch are paid.
Work at possible tradeshows in the UK and abroad.
- design and detailing of new and current designs using SolidWorks cad software
- undertaking development and testing of new products and producing detailed test reports
- preparation of development samples utilising workshop tools
- design research and contribution to concept
- web design/production/maintenance assistance (if this skill is available)
- low level graphic work. Photoshop/Illustrator
- tradeshow design and occasional build
- retail sales in Kingsland Rd. shop
- sales administration work
- tradeshow attendance if required
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- design Degree
- ability to work across a broad range of design related projects as well as contributing to the overall running of Mathmos as a business.
- microsoft Office
- keyboard skills
- personable manner
- reliable, honest and flexible
- affinity with the Mathmos products and brand.
- solid Works or CAD experience
- photoshop, illustrator and flash skills
- concept generating and sketching
CV and letter to: Anthonyp@mathmos.co.uk